Mazda NZ has scooped more than 20 major automotive awards in New Zealand in 2015-16.
The exceptional Mazda CX-3 led the way with an impressive ten awards including Fairfax Car of the Year, NZ Herald – Driven Car of the Year and National Business Review’s Crossover Car of the Year.
Not to be outdone the Mazda2 also performed strongly picking up four awards including Best in Small Car Class from the AA/NZ Motoring Writers Guild and the all new MX-5 also added five awards to the trophy cabinet including National Business Reviews Sports Car of the Year.
Not only have Mazda NZ been successful with winning awards locally but numerous awards have been won in Australia and overseas with the all-new Mazda MX-5 winning the coveted Japan Car of the Year.
Andrew Clearwater, Managing Director of Mazda New Zealand, says the awards cap off an outstanding year for Mazda New Zealand that saw the company have 31 consecutive months of record sales.
“The numerous awards reflect the great work of the Mazda designers and engineers in Japan and the top class efforts of the Mazda New Zealand team and our dealer network across the country. We would like to extend a huge thanks to the NZ car buying public for their continued support of the Mazda brand.”
Please find a full list of awards below;
Company Vehicle Magazine
- Compact Business Car of the Year 2015 – Mazda2
- Compact SUV of the Year 2015 – Mazda CX-3
National Business Review
- Crossover Car of the Year – Mazda CX-3
- Sports Car of the Year – Mazda MX-5
- Class Winner $30-$45K – Mazda CX-3
- Top Car Range – Mazda
- Top Light SUV – CX-3
- Top Car of the Year – CX-3
AA/NZ Motoring Writers Guild
- Best in Small SUV/Crossover Class – CX-3
- Best in Small Car Class – Mazda2
- Driven Car of the Year – Mazda CX-3
- Driven Compact Car of the Year – Mazda2
- Driven Small Car of the Year – Mazda MX-5
- Driven Compact SUV of the Year – Mazda CX-3
- Small SUV of the Year – Mazda CX-3
- Sports Performance Car of the Year – Mazda MX-5
Radio Live Cars of the Year
- Best Small Car – Mazda2
- Best Light SUV – Mazda CX-3
- Best Sports Car – Mazda MX-5
- Best Car Company – Mazda
- Car of the Year – Mazda MX-5